Category Archives: Uncategorized
Businesses and organizations today are beginning to realize that business has been radically changing in the rules to operating and sustaining growth have changed. Certainly if we go back in history we can point to times where businesses were challenged, it is through these challenging times that we begin to truly evaluate what best practices are and how can they be practically implemented. In the lean times are when the greatest possibilities for growth exists.
When we look back in history we see many organizations and businesses that were invented, through creative ideas and focus talent empires were built. We are in a historic time where we are experiencing unprecedented challenges. In a sense we are in a period of refreshment and force growth. The reason why I referred to this as a time of refreshment is because we now have opportunity like never before to build utilizing creativity in conjunction with common sense.
Generally when an economy slows down or begins to flow rapidly again the instability causes like yours to play very cautiously. What is definitely true is that in order to remain an industry leader we need to be a mode of continuous improvement. It is imperativee that we evaluate our organization on a regular basis to ensure that we are in position to bring value in exchange for time.
When you think about an entrepreneur, they understand that in order for them to get paid they must have an exchange with another party often that is greater than the resource provided. A change process must keep in mind in order for it to be efficient and effective it is a long-term solution. The day for a quick fix is practically over. Society has in so many ways been marketing for that quick fix yet it requires character to stand.
perhaps this blog is stating the obvious, recently I was reading one of our colleagues blogs and it focused around the need for trust. The issue is that we can talk about trust, but until we have a way to practically measure and to implement the kinds of principles to bring an organization to a point where it is operating with trusting character, it is only a discussion.
In the picture above, you’ll notice a group of people were gathered around an idea. We believe that it is important to measure a culture around issues of trust, have a methodology that works to create alignment, and polish the organization by ensuring that from the CEO down to the janitor that character is ruling the culture so that it will truly be authentic.
Here are the following steps we follow:
1. We meet in a circle, around an idea and have face-to-face discussions with a sampling of people within an organization.
2. Having learned that there was a need for our services we openly discuss the challenge. It may be an issue of communication, an area where trust has been broken, or simply dysfunction within the organization.
3. We discussed the importance of developing a culture and identify the kinds of barriers that would prevent that culture from being optimal.
4. We take diligent notes, identifying specifically areas where concerns may exist. We are looking for gaps, frustrations, lack of understanding, and ultimately the prevailing mindsets and assumptions that have caused the dysfunction or dissatisfaction.
5. Having a quiver of issues, we begin to discuss how the business or organization might be able to move forward and begin to learn key ideas that can help the business and organization function better.
6. At this stage, the trust is increased and mindsets have been broken and a transparent culture is created. This culture gives opportunity to safely discuss and disclose the restrictive behaviors, fresh attitudes, and form new beliefs so the business can begin to move in a direction where it will function more optimally.
7. We now allow for a break, we begin to evaluate learned. Knowing the constraints and desire to overcome we begin to move in a positive direction that is supportive of the team and learn the key ideas that when applied produce the desired end result.
8. Having learned the needs, we begin to structure accountability for long-term sustainability. The process is always done best by invitation. People will resist a change process if they think they’re being forced. Our role as the facilitator is to invite the people groups to participate in the forward movement and to begin enjoying a process that benefits the whole.
If you feel that you have in some way benefited from this article, or have ideas that can help us serve our clients please feel free to contact us below.
Till the next time, enjoy the adventure.